With electricity bills soaring tremendously in Pakistan during the summers, it is extremely important to learn tips and tricks that will ensure that the bill remains within limits. Here are our tried-and-tested techniques that will allow you to remain within your budget.
- Keep your ac on 26 degrees – this allows optimum consumption of electricity, whilst keeping your room cool.
- Put your ac on ‘sleep mode’ whilst sleeping – this automatically adjusts the temperature and fan speed of the ac at night, according to the temperature in the room.
- Replace all your light bulbs with energy savers – this emits the same light, if not brighter, at a fraction of the cost.
- Unplug your chargers – if you’re not using your chargers, unplug them. This is because they keep sucking electricity from the socket, even when not charging, so switch them off when not in use.
5. Don’t use the fan with the ac – this goes against basic physics. Hot air rises when the fan is on, and cold air descends from the ac. This conflicting movement of hot and cold air causes your AC’s compressor to run longer, thereby increasing your bill significantly